Basic Eligibility Requirements for All Types of Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form?each year.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Not in default on prior Federal Student Loans,?owe a refund on a Federal grant or Georgia HOPE Grant/Scholarship, or have a Federal lien.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or proof of approved home school equivalency.
- No prior drug sale or possession convictions while receiving Federal Student Financial Aid.
- Male students between the ages of 18-25 must register, as required, with Selective Service.
- Be admitted and enrolled at least half-time (minimum of six credits each semester) in an approved program of study (some aid programs may allow less than half-time enrollment).
- Be in good academic standing (AS) and maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
- Provide all required?documents requested?by the Financial Aid Office.
Each type of financial aid may require additional information for determining eligibility and award amounts. GA State Aid programs have additional SAP requirements. For more details regarding State aid program requirements, you may contact the Financial Aid Office. To learn more about the Federal aid programs and how to apply visit the U.S. Department of Education website http://studentaid.ed.gov.