Defaulted Student Loans
Getting back on Track
Have you defaulted on your student loans? STC is here to help. Defaulting on your student loan(s) means that you have not made your payments on time, were unable to meet the terms of your student loan contract between you and your loan servicer, or you were unwilling to honor the terms of your student loan contract and refused payment.
There are 3 ways to get back on track:
- Loan Repayment? –?simply means paying your student loan debt in full.
- Loan Rehabilitation –?involves you and the Department of Education agreeing on a reasonable and affordable payment plan.? However, your loan(s) will only be rehabilitated when the number of payments during that time has been met per the agreement between you and the Department of Education.
- Loan Consolidation –??allows you to combine several loans to into one easy payment with a fixed interest rate.
For more information on Default Student Loans please visit:
Ed Financial Services & STC
Federal Student Aid
- Avoiding Default
- Understanding Default Status
- Getting out of Default
- Understanding Collection Status
- Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation, and Discharge